01293 817 602
Unit 60, Base Point, Metcalf Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 7XX 01293 817 602 email@example.com
TENANTS PRE TENANCY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. We will ask for a minimum holding deposit of £500.00 to secure the property, subject to contract. Should you decide not to proceed with the let or application forms are returned later than 7 days or you fail referencing or withdraw for any other reason Stanford Grey reserve the right to charge reasonable expenses up to a maximum of £500.00 (details on request). If a prospective tenant or guarantor has given misleading information that cannot be construed as a mistake on an application we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the deposit against our expenses.
PHOTO ID AND PROOF OF ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED FROM ALL TENANTS – COPIES OF WHICH WILL BE KEPT ON FILE. This must be provided before references are taken.
2. There will be a charge of £100.00 (inc vat) per person, to include guarantors and permitted occupiers, for referencing and a credit check, plus a further one off fee of £200.00 (inc vat) for the administration. These charges may be non-refundable, see terms.
3. A full reference form must be completed by every person over the age of 18 that will be moving in, which requires details of current and previous addresses and any relevant landlords, employment details covering the last three years (or details of accountant if self-employed), details of a character referee and your bank details.
4. Once we are in receipt of satisfactory references we will then confirm a date for occupancy (should your referees not respond in time we will not be held liable for any costs). You should not make any arrangements to move in unless this date has been confirmed to you by the lettings negotiator. A specific appointment must be made with the branch and inventory clerk for this to be confirmed.
5. You will receive a letter following satisfactory referencing to confirm your appointment time for move in and check in, and what documents you must bring. Any tenants not attending on time or attending without the appropriate documents may be charged for an abortive move in appointment.
6. On the agreed move in date all persons wishing to occupy the property must come to the office and sign the tenancy agreement including the guarantor where applicable. You will be asked to bring documents from your check in appointment letter. Please note standing orders must be set up to leave your account at least three days prior to the rent date. It is your responsibility to ensure this is done in time for the next rent due.
7. We will require the remaining security deposit (to total 1 & 1/2 months rent), the first months rent and any other relevant fees to be paid on or prior to the day we arrange for you to move in. This must be cleared funds (e.g. cash or bankers draft, if payment is made by credit card/debit card there may be additional charges, please enquire).
8. Once all parties have signed the agreement, including the guarantor where applicable and paid the balance of funds, we will release the signed tenancy agreement to you. You will then meet the Inventory Clerk at the property for a check in and to collect keys. This appointment is made in advance to go ahead shortly after the arrangement made to come and sign the paperwork. If you need to make any changes to these arrangements you must call the branch at least 48 hours before the agreed time. Otherwise you may be charged for an abortive call out for the check in at £60 incl vat which will have to be paid before move in can proceed.
9. At the end of your tenancy once you have returned your keys we will check the original inventory and providing there are no dilapidations or damage to the property, your deposit will be refunded once we have seen proof that utilities have been transferred into tenants names and we have Landlord’s consent. A charge is made for check out of £95 inc vat.
10. The Security Deposit will be safeguarded by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, which is administered by: The Dispute Service Ltd, PO Box 1255, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 9GN , 0845 226 7837, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 01494 431123. All security deposits are held as shared equally by tenants unless otherwise informed.
11. Expenses may be charged by Stanford Grey if a tenant withdraws after paying a Holding Deposit. Examples of such fees are indicated here, all charges are inclusive of VAT and other charges may apply depending on individual circumstances.